Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Orange & Chocolate Bread
This bread is well worth the effort for a special occasion. Allow yourself at least 3 – 4 hours preparation time. And because it’s best eaten on the day, an early start will mean you can serve this extravaganza as part of a morning bunch.
- 600 g cake flour
- 5 ml (1 t) salt
- 5 ml (1 t) sugar
- 1 x 10 g packet dried yeast
- 15 ml (1 T) butter, melted
- 410 ml lukewarm water
- 250 ml (1 C) Rhodes Quality Seville Orange Marmalade
- 1 x 200 g slab dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 egg, whisked
- 65 ml flaked almonds, toasted
- 190 ml icing sugar
- 15 ml (1 T) warm water
- Sift the flour, salt, sugar and yeast together.
- Add the butter and enough lukewarm water to form a soft dough.
- Knead for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Cover and leave to rise until doubled in size.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out thinly into a rectangular shape.
- Soften the Rhodes Quality Seville Orange Marmalade in the microwave for a few minutes then spread over the dough and sprinkle with the chocolate.
- Brush the edges with egg and starting on the long side, roll the dough up, then bend the two ends towards each other creating a circle, pressing the ends together to secure.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Use a sharp knife to make small slits in the top of the dough and brush lightly with the whisked egg.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 30 – 40 minutes or until golden brown and baked through.
- Remove from the oven and cool. Sprinkle almonds over.
- Mix the icing sugar and enough warm water to a make a thin paste.
- Drizzle over the top of the bread and serve.