Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Orange Chicken Liver Pate
- 125 ml butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500 g chicken livers, cleaned
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- fresh thyme, leaves pulled
- 160 ml Rhodes Quality Orange 100% Fruit Juice Blend
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) cream
- 80g butter, melted
- 3-4 Thyme sprigs
to serve: Rhodes Quality Dill Gherkins, crackers or fresh bread
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan.
- Add the onions and cook over medium heat until softened.
- Add the garlic and cook for a few minutes more.
- Add the chicken livers and season well.
- Stir in the thyme leaves.
- Continue to cook over medium heat until the chicken livers are cooked through.
- Add Rhodes Quality Orange Fruit Juice and the cream.
- Cool the mixture and then transfer to a food processor.
- Blend until the pat is a smooth paste.
- Season to taste.
- Spoon the pat into a bowl.
- Place the thyme sprigs on the top of the pat and pour over the melted butter.
- Refrigerate to set.
- Serve with Rhodes Quality Dill Gherkins and the crackers or fresh bread.