Drizzled with orange syrup and served with whipped cream, this dense and decadent baked cake treat is a symphony of citrus flavours. And because it keeps well, you can even make it a day ahead.
- 220 g (1 C) butter
- 220 g (1 C) light brown sugar
- 15 ml (1 T) Rhodes Seville Orange Marmalade
- 3 eggs
- 160 ml milk
- 220 g self-raising flour
- 7.5 ml baking powder
- 125 ml Rhodes Quality 100 % Orange Fruit Juice
- 125 ml sugar
to serve: lightly whipped cream,Cream the butter and the sugar until pale and light.
- Beat in the Rhodes Seville Orange Marmalade.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the milk.
- Sift together the flour and the baking powder.
- Add to the mixture and beat to mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into a baking pan sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake in an oven pre-heated to 180°C for 35 minutes or until the cake is golden and a skewer, when inserted in the middle, comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and use a flat knife to loosen the cake from the pan.
- Prick a few holes in the top of the cake with a skewer.
- To make the syrup: Heat the Rhodes Quality 100% Orange Fruit Juice and the sugar over a medium heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the warm syrup over the still-hot cake in the pan and then leave to cool before turning the cake out of the pan.
- Serve with fresh cream.