Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
One-Pot Boerewors Spaghetti
Quick & Easy one-pot boerewors spaghetti, serves up a filling and tasty innovative South African recipe in no time with an Italian twist made with Rhodes Quality Italian Style Tomatoes.
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Tomato Italian
- 1 onion, chopped
- 500 g boerewors
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 330 ml ( 1⅓ C) prepared chicken stock
- 250 ml (1 C) water
- 250 g spaghetti
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
to serve: grated parmesan cheese
- Remove the boerewors sausage meat from its casings and break into chunks.
- Heat a large saucepan, and fry the boerewors meat until it begins to brown.
- Add the onion and the garlic and fry until onion the onion softens.
- Drain any excess fat.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Tomato Italian Style, prepared chicken stock and the water.
- Bring the sauce to a boil.
- Add the spaghetti.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring regularly to prevent sticking, for 15 minutes or until the pasta is cooked, adding extra hot water to the saucepan if necessary.
- Season to taste.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with parmesan cheese.