Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Monkey Gland Sauce
This South African classic still holds its place as the best meat sauce in town. Tangy and delicious, monkey gland sauce can be used as a marinade or as a sauce – or both.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 30 ml (2 T) sunflower oil
- 250 ml (1 C) Rhodes Quality Tomato Puree
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Chopped & Peeled Tomatoes
- 250 ml (1 C) chutney
- 45 ml (3 T) Worcester sauce
- 30 ml (2 T) balsamic vinegar
- 30 ml (2 T) brown sugar
- 5 ml (1 t) Tabasco sauce
- salt to taste
- Fry the onion and garlic in the oil until soft and fragrant.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Tomato Puree and the Rhodes Quality Tomatoes and heat through.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until thick.
- Check the seasoning and adjust if necessary.