A deliciously moist cake that’s great for any occasion. This carrot cake also uses sweet pineapple and will last three to four days if stored in an airtight container.
- 4 eggs
- 500 ml (2 C) brown sugar
- 250 ml (1 C) sunflower oil
- 1 x 432 g can Rhodes Quality Pineapple Crush in Light Syrup, drained
- syrup, reserved
- 500 ml (2 C) cake flour
- 15 ml (1 T) ground cinnamon
- 7.5 ml bicarbonate of soda
- 10 ml (2 t) baking powder
- 5 ml (1 t) salt
- 500 ml (2 C) grated carrot
- 125 ml pecan nuts, chopped
- 65 ml butter
- 1 x 175 g tub plain cream cheese
- 500 ml (2 C) icing sugar, sifted
- Beat the eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in the oil and 125 ml reserved pineapple syrup.
- Sift the flour, cinnamon, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt together and fold into the liquid mixture.
- Stir in the Rhodes Quality Pineapple Crush, carrot and pecan nuts.
- Pour the batter into a lined cake pan and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 30 – 40 minutes or until a skewer, when inserted in the middle, comes out clean.
- Allow to cool.
- To make the icing: cream the butter, add the cream cheese and beat for one minute.
- Add the icing sugar, mix until well blended and ice the cake as desired.