Mixed Berry Souffle
Light and airy souffle, a quick and impressive dinner party dessert.
- 4 egg yolks
- 65 ml Bisto Corn Flour
- 6 egg whites
- 65 ml caster sugar
- 1 x 115 g Rhodes Quality Mixed Berry Topping Cup
- Extra butter and sugar to prepare the 6 ramekins
- Prepare the souffle ramekins by buttering the sides and bottom of each ramekin and sprinkling the buttered sides with a layer of sugar.
- Place the ramekins on a baking tray.
- Beat the egg yolks and the Bisto Corn Flour together until thick and creamy.
- Set aside.
- Beat the egg whites in a clean metal bowl until soft peaks form.
- Slowly add the caster sugar a spoonful at a time until thick and glossy.
- Pour the Rhodes Quality Mixed Berry Topping into a large bowl.
- Add the egg yolk and corn flour mix and whisk well.
- Fold in the egg whites one third at a time taking care to keep the mixture as light as possible.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared ramekins filling up top of the space.
- Bake the souffles in an oven that has been preheated to 180°C for 12-15 minutes or until the souffle is well risen and golden.
- Serve hot straight from the oven.
- Serve the souffles straight from the oven to the table, as they will start to lose their signature height within minutes.