Kiddie friendly mini burgers for a filling fun lunchbox.
- 500 g minced beef chuck
- 1 egg yolk
- 5 ml (1 t) dried mixed herbs
- 5 ml (1 t) Worcestershire sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 30 ml (2 T) sunflower oil
- 8 mini hamburger buns
- soft butter for spreading
- 2 each Rhodes Quality Sweet & Sour Whole Gherkins, sliced
- Rhodes Quality Tomato Braai Relish
- Place the beef mince into a bowl.
- Add the egg yolk, mixed herbs and Worcestershire sauce.
- Season the mince with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Mix the ingredients together using a wooden spoon or by hand.
- Once the mixture is well blended, divide into 8 equal portions and shape into small slightly flattened patties.
- Brush the patties with the oil.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and grill the patties.
- Turn the patties over so that they cook evenly on each side.
- Grill until cooked to your liking.
- Slice and butter the mini hamburger buns.
- Place a burger patty on the bottom half of each bun and top with slices of Rhodes Quality Sweet & Sour Whole Gherkins.
- Top with a generous spoonful or two of the Rhodes Quality Tomato Braai Relish.
- Close with the second half of the bun.
Makes 8 mini burgers
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cooking Times: 15 minutes
For a longer day, pack the Rhodes Quality Braai Relish into a separate container to dunk the burgers in at school.