Packed full of vegetables and pasta, this Italian inspired soup is a meal all on its own. Minestrone can be made with any seasonal vegetables you have on hand, and because it’s eaten much like a stew, you can be generous with both the pasta and the vegetables you add. This recipe is made with Rhodes Quality Chopped & Peeled Tomatoes with Mixed Herbs to add flavoursome goodness in the mix.
- 1 x 400g can Rhodes Quality Chopped & Peeled Tomatoes with Mixed Herbs
- 125 ml (½ C) elbow pasta
- 1 x 410 400g can Rhodes Quality Butter Beans, drained
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Green Beans Cross Cut, drained
- 30 ml (2 T) olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped into small dice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 carrot, chopped into small dice
- 5 baby marrows, chopped into small dice
- 750 ml (3 C) prepared chicken stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
to serve: grated parmesan cheese and a fresh baguette.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the carrots and the baby marrow and fry until the carrots start to soften.
- Add the prepared chicken stock and the can of Rhodes Quality Chopped & Peeled Tomatoes and bring to the boil.
- Add the pasta and continue cooking over a high simmer until the pasta is cooked.
- Add the can of Rhodes Quality Butter Beans and the can of Rhodes Quality Green Beans Cross Cut and heat through.
- Season the soup well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve hot.