A delicious and nourishing chicken dinner that’s mild and creamy.
- 8 chicken thighs (skin on)
- 30 ml (2 T) sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 thumb sized piece ginger, crushed
- 10 ml (2 t) garum masala
- 10 ml (2 t) mild Pakco Curry Powder
- 10 ml (2 t) ground jeera powder
- 2 x 400 g cans Rhodes Quality Chopped & Peeled Tomatoes
- 1 x 400 ml can coconut milk
- 2 generous handfuls fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and brown the chicken thighs on all sides.
- Do this in batches so that the thighs are evenly browned.
- Reserve the thighs on one side.
- In the same saucepan, fry the onions until softened.
- Add the garlic and the ginger to the pan and fry for a further 2 – 3 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low and add all the spices to the pan and toss well.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Chopped & Peeled Tomatoes and the coconut milk.
- Bring the sauce back to the boil and then simmer for 5 minutes, breaking up the tomatoes roughly with a spoon.
- Return the chicken to the sauce and cook over a gentle heat for about 35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Season to taste and stir in the chopped coriander.
- Serve over rice.