Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Melkkos & Grilled Honey Peaches
Nothing softens a South African heart faster than a bowl of sweet melkkos. And we’ve given this traditional Afrikaans dish a gourmet fruity twist.
- 1 L (4 C) milk
- 2 – 3 cinnamon sticks
- 250 ml + 45 ml (1 C+ 3 T) cake flour
- 2.5 ml salt
- 15 ml (1 T) butter
- cinnamon sugar
- 125 ml sugar
- 30 ml (2 T) ground cinnamon
- Rhodes Quality Peach Halves
- Bring the milk and cinnamon sticks to the boil in a large saucepan.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks.
- Sift together 250 ml (1 cup) self-raising flour and salt.
- Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the crumbs to the warm milk and cook, stirring continuously for over low heat for 10 minutes or until the Melkkos is thick and creamy.
- Lay the Rhodes Quality Peach Halves on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Drizzle the honey over the peaches.
- Place the tray under a heated grill and grill the peaches until the honey is caramelised.
- Sprinkle the Melkkos with the cinnamon sugar and serve with the grilled honey peaches.