Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Mediterranean Style Chicken
- 4 chicken thighs
- 65 ml cake flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 250 ml (1 cup) Hinds Southern Coating Original
- oil for frying
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Tomato Italian Style
- 250 ml (1 cup) chicken stock
- 8 olives
- 10 ml (2 tsp) capers
- 65 ml fresh basil, chopped
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Toss the chicken pieces in the flour and shake off any excess.
- Dip the chicken in the egg and then toss in the Hinds Southern Coating until evenly coated.
- Add little oil to a have bottom pan and bring to the heat.
- Fry the chicken pieces on both sides until golden and crispy.
- Set aside on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- In the same pan, fry the onion until softened.
- Add the garlic and the red pepper and fry for a few minutes more.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Tomato Italian Style and the chicken stock and bring the sauce to the boil.
- Return the chicken to the pan and simmer until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the olives, capers and the basil and heat through.
- Season to taste and serve.