- 1 kg beef mince
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 125 ml (½ cup) onion, finely chopped or grated
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp.) dry oregano
- 125 ml (½ cup) dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Oil for frying
- 1x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Chakalaka Hot & Spicy
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce
- Place the beef mince, garlic, onion and dried oregano into a bowl.
- Add the breadcrumbs and egg and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Divide the mixture evenly into 16 pieces and roll into balls.
- Heat the Rhodes Quality Chakalaka Hot & Spicy and the Rhodes Quality Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce in a non-stick frying pan.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Season the sauce to taste.
- Serve hot over pasta.