Skip the meat without skipping on flavour with this vegetarian lentil bolognese. ItÕs also a delicious next-day lunchbox filler.
- 30 ml (1 T) olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 large leek, chopped
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Chopped & Peeled Tomatoes
- 1 x 115 g Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste Cup
- 125 ml water
- 2 x 410 g cans brown lentils, drained and rinsed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 500 g spaghetti, cooked
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion until soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic and fry for a minute more.
- Add the carrot, celery and leeks.
- Reduce the heat and fry gently until the vegetables are softened and fragrant.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Chopped & Peeled Tomatoes, Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste Cup and the water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, add the lentils and simmer for 10 minutes until heated through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot over pasta and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.