Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Lamb Chops with Fig Jam
The sweetness of the fig jam turns an everyday dinner into something extraordinary. Jam holds a very high sugar content so be careful that the jam doesn’t catch and burn when making this recipe, otherwise, the dish can taste bitter.
- 8 lamb rib chops
- 30 ml (2 T) olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 60 ml (4 T) Rhodes Quality Ripe Fig Jam
- 15 – 30 ml (1 – 2 T) water
- sunflower oil for frying
- 30 ml (2 T) balsamic vinegar
- 500 ml (2 C) couscous
- 30 ml (2 T) butter, melted
- 30 ml (2 T) mint, chopped
- Rub each lamb chop with a little of the olive oil and seasoning.
- Mix the Rhodes Quality Ripe Fig Jam and the water.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry the lamb chops for 3 minutes on each side, basting often with the fig jam.
- Add the balsamic vinegar in the final minute of cooking.
- Transfer the lamb to a plate and leave to rest while the remaining juices in the pan simmer and reduce until sticky then pour over the lamb.
- Prepare the couscous according to the directions on the packet.
- Fork the butter and mint through the couscous and serve hot with the lamb chops.