Robust and filling, this meat, rice and potatoes spicy dinner dish is perfect for dads.
- 1 kg lamb neck chops
- 45 ml (3 T) sunflower oil
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 10 ml (2 t) medium curry powder
- 5 ml (1 t) ground turmeric
- 500 ml ( 2 C) prepared beef stock
- salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Butter Beans, drained
- 200 g baby potatoes, peeled
- 250 ml (1 C) par boiled white rice
- 1 lt. (4 C) water
- 2.5 ml ground turmeric
- 2.5 ml salt
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Fry the lamb neck chops on either side until browned and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and fry for 2 – 3 minutes or until the onion begins to soften.
- Add the curry powder and turmeric and stir well.
- Return the meat to the pan.
- Add the beef stock and bring to the heat.
- Season the sauce to taste and then cover the saucepan with a lid.
- Place the saucepan in the oven preheated to 180°C and cook for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the Rhodes Quality Butter Beans and the potatoes to the sauce.
- Return to the oven and cook for a further 40 – 50 minutes or until the meat is tender and the potatoes are cooked through.
- While the curry is cooking, prepare the turmeric rice.
- Place the rice, water, turmeric and salt together in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 20 – 25 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Serve the Lamb Neck & Butter Bean Curry with the turmeric rice.