Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Jamie’s Family Feast Tomato & Chicken Bredie
A very special bredie straight out of Jamie-Lee Domburg’s Family Recipe book.
- 1 x 400g can of Rhodes Quality Tomato and Onion Mix
- 1 x 400g can of Rhodes Quality Tomato Chopped & Peeled
- 4 chicken breasts cubed
- 10 baby sweet potatoes quartered
- Olive oil, for frying
- ½ green pepper
- 5 ml (1 tsp) of ginger
- 1 clove of garlic
- Salt to season and black pepper, for taste
- Basil (optional), for added flavour and garnish taste
- Steamed rice to serve or you can use cauliflower rice as well.
- Sauté your onions and green pepper in some olive oil. Then Braise the chicken until it is golden brown. Use the same pot so that it can retain all of the delicious flavours.
- Add in the Rhodes Quality Tomato and Onion mix in, once chicken is golden brown.
- Add the can of Rhodes Quality chopped tomatoes and Season
- Cook until you have a lovely tomato gravy that has thickened and the chicken is tender.
- Roast the sweet potatoes in the oven or add them to the pot in the last 30– 40 minutes of cooking time.
- Serve with fresh basil and cauliflower rice if you’re a little carb conscious.
Cooking Tip: Season and brown the chicken. This releases the natural flavour of the chicken and caramelises it.