- 200 g (1¼ cups) cake flour
- 100 g (½ cup + 5 tsp) cornflour
- 100 g (½ cup) castor sugar
- 200 g (¾ cup + 2 tsp) butter, cold, cubed
- 65 ml (¼ cup) Rhodes Quality Strawberry Jam
- icing sugar for dusting, sifted
- Sieve the flour, corn flour, castor sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a k-beater.
- Add the butter and beat until the mixture comes together like cookie dough.
- Form the dough into 24 even sized balls.
- Use the back of a straight teaspoon to make a hole down to the middle of each shortbread ball.
- Fill the hole with Rhodes Quality Strawberry Jam.
- Pinch the dough together to close the hole.
- Place the shortbread balls on a baking sheet that has been lined with baking paper.
- Bake the cookies in an oven that has been preheated to 180 ̊C for 12 – 15 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Toss the shortbread cookies in the icing sugar and place on a cooling rack until completely cooled.
Fill a syringe with Rhodes Quality Jam and use to easily fill the holes in the shortbread.