Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Delight the little ones with this delicious tea time and after-dinner treat. Jam doughnuts are always best eaten on the day but there’s usually nothing left over anyway!
- 400 g cake flour
- 5 ml (1 t) salt
- 5 ml (1 t) sugar
- 1 x 10 g packet instant yeast
- 160 ml milk
- 45 ml (3 T) water
- 65 ml butter
- 1 egg
- sunflower oil for frying
- castor sugar for dusting
- 125 ml Rhodes Quality Strawberry Jam
- Sift the flour, salt and sugar into a large bowl, and sprinkle over the yeast.
- Heat the milk and water and add the butter.
- Stir until melted then remove from the heat and allow to cool until tepid. Whisk in the egg.
- Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients and work into a firm dough.
- Knead the dough until smooth and elastic.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and place in a warm spot to rise until it has doubled in size.
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface about 2 cm thick and cut into rounds using a large cookie cutter.
- Arrange on an oiled tray, cover and set aside in a warm spot to rise until doubled in size.
- Half-fill a medium saucepan with oil, heat to 190°C (medium-high heat) and fry the doughnuts on both sides until they are golden and cooked through.
- Drain the doughnuts on paper towels to remove excess oil, toss them in castor sugar and set aside to cool.
- Then make a small slit in the top of the doughnut, press your finger into the slit to create a cavity and fill that with Rhodes Quality Strawberry Jam and serve.