- 90 ml (6 Tbsp) Hinds Vanilla Custard Powder
- 90 ml (6 Tbsp) Sugar
- 1 lt (4 cups) Milk, divided
- 1 x 360 g can caramel topping
- 6 hot cross buns, sliced half
- 2 x 410 g cans Rhodes Quality Pear Halves in Syrup, drained
- 375 ml (1½ cup) fresh cream, whipped
to decorate: chocolate eggs
- Mix Hinds Vanilla Custard powder, sugar and 125 ml (½ cup) of the milk together.
- Bring the remaining milk to the boil in a saucepan.
- Pour the custard mix into boiling milk, stirring well until thickened.
- Whisk the can of caramel topping into the custard until smooth.
- Cool the caramel custard.
- Arrange the top slices of the hot cross buns facing outward in a large trifle bowl.
- Cover with a thick layer of custard.
- Arrange the Rhodes Quality Pear halves on top of the custard.
- Cut the bottoms of the hot cross buns into cubes and use to fill the centre of the pears.
- Cover with a second layer of caramel custard.
- Decorate with cream.
- Decorate with chocolate eggs.