A tasty chicken casserole that’s always a crowd pleaser. The sweetness of the Rhodes Quality Peaches is a great match to the soy-baked chicken, providing a twist on this tried-and-tested chicken recipe.
- Sunflower oil for frying
- 16 chicken portions
- 1 x 825 g can Rhodes Quality Peach Slices in Syrup, drained, syrup reserved
- 20 ml (4 t) lemon juice
- 60 ml (4 T) soy sauce
- 60 ml (4 T) red wine vinegar
- 10 ml (2 t) grated gingerroot
- 10 ml (2 T) honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and brown the chicken portions.
- Drain and set aside.
- Puree half of the Rhodes Quality Peach Slices and add 125 ml of the reserved syrup, the lemon juice, soy sauce, vinegar, gingerroot and honey and mix well.
- Place the chicken in a casserole and pour over the peach mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven preheated to 180°C for 40 minutes or until done.
- Just before serving, add the remaining peach slices, heat through and season to taste.
- Serve with rice.