Honey Ice Cream
This delicious and creamy honey ice cream can be made at home without an ice cream machine. A quick and easy dessert to serve at your next dinner party.
- 750 ml (3 C) cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 65 ml honey
- 15 ml (1 T) custard powder
- 65 ml sugar
- to serve: add honey
- In a medium saucepan heat 500 ml (2 C) of the cream.
- In a medium bowl whisk the egg yolks, honey, custard powder and sugar together.
- Pour the hot cream over the egg yolk mixture, whisking well to blend.
- Strain the custard back in the saucepan.
- Over medium heat whisk the custard until it thickens.
- Whip the remaining 250 ml (1 C) of cream to soft peaks and then fold into the cooled custard.
- Pour the custard into a freezer-safe container and freeze until firm.
- Serve drizzled with honey