Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Ham & Garden Pea Croquettes
Crisp and light croquettes can be served as a side dish or with a salad as a light lunch. Croquettes also make great starters or as part of a tapas platter.
- 600 g (4 medium sized) potatoes, peeled
- 45 ml (3 T) butter
- 45 ml (3 T) milk
- 250 ml (1 C) chopped ham
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Processed Peas, drained and rinsed
- 30 ml (2 T) chopped flat leaf parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 65 – 125 ml cake flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 65 – 125 ml breadcrumbs
- sunflower oil for frying
for serving: lemon wedges
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan, with enough cold water to cover.
- Bring the water to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are just cooked.
- Drain the potatoes in the colander.
- Return the potatoes to the saucepan and mash well together with the butter and the milk.
- Add the chopped ham, the Rhodes Quality Processed Peas, the parsley and the salt and pepper and mix all ingredients together well.
- Using your hands dipped in a little flour to prevent sticking if necessary and shape the mixture into even sized balls.
- Put the remaining flour, beaten egg and breadcrumbs in three separate bowls.
- Roll the croquettes first in the flour, then dip into the beaten egg, and finally roll in the bowl of breadcrumbs.
- Set aside on a sheet of baking paper.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and shallow fry the croquettes for 4 – 5 minutes, turning often to get an even golden colour.
- Drain on kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot with slices of lemon.