Fresh and simple to prepare fish cakes which make a wonderful appetiser, or even a meal on their own.
- 500g hake fillets, skinless, bones removed
- 65 ml flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp.) Dijon mustard
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Butter Beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 250 ml (1 cup) fine breadcrumbs
- Oil for frying
To serve: Rhodes Quality Dill Gherkins, mayonnaise, lemon wedges
- Place the fish, parsley and mustard into the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Butter Beans and salt and pepper.
- Pulse until the mixture is evenly fine and combined.
- Shape the mixture into even-sized cakes.
- Roll each fish cake in breadcrumbs.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan and over medium heat, fry the fish cakes in batches until golden brown on each side and cooked through.
- Serve hot with Rhodes Quality Dill Gherkins, mayonnaise and the lemon wedges.