This guava sorbet is a refreshingly satisfying treat. If you don’t have an ice cream machine, a bit of light whisking is a small price to pay.
- 2 x 410 g cans Rhodes Quality Guava Halves in Syrup
- 65 ml (1/4 C) castor sugar
- 30 – 45 ml (2 – 3 T) lemon or lime juice
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- Drain the can of Rhodes Quality Guavas in Syrup and place the fruit in a blender with the sugar and lemon or lime juice and blend until smooth.
- Push the mixture through a sieve and place in a metal mixing bowl.
- Fold in the egg whites and place the bowl in the freezer.
- Stir and break up any ice crystals every 30 minutes or so until the sorbet is too frozen to stir any longer then transfer to a storage container, cover and keep frozen until required.