- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500 ml (2 cups) sliced mushrooms
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) chopped flat-leaf parsley
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 375 ml (1½ cups) milk
- 125 g (1 tub) cream cheese
- 1 x 410 g cans Rhodes Quality Green Beans Cross-Cut, drained
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 125 ml (½ cup) Hinds Southern Coating Original
- 2 onions
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) sunflower oil
- Melt the butter in large frying pan.
- Add the garlic and fry until fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until tender.
- Add the lemon juice and zest, the parsley and seasoning and reduce the heat.
- Whisk together the cream cheese and the milk until smooth and stir into the mushrooms.
- Add Rhodes Quality Green Beans and the Rhodes Quality Whole Kernel Corn and stir gently to coat.
- Spoon the casserole into an air fryer suitable dish and set aside.
- Peel the onions and and into thin round slices.
- Place the onion rings into a large bowl.
- Sprinkle the Hinds Southern Coating Original over the onion rings and toss to coat, separating the onion slices into rings. Shake off any excess and place the rings in a clean bowl.
- Add the olive oil and toss well.
- Heat the airfryer to 190°C.
- Add the onions rings in a single layer and cook for five minutes.
- Toss and continue cooking until the onions are crispy.
- Top the casserole with the onion rings.
- Air fry the casserole at 190°C for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve hot.
Serves 4 as a side
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min