Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Granadilla Bundt Cakes
A delicious tea time treat with a sweet granadilla glaze. Mini Bundt cakes are perfect for afternoon tea parties but you can use this recipe to make one large one if you prefer.
- 200 g (2 C) cake flour
- 170 g (1 C) white sugar
- 3 ml bicarbonate of soda
- 1 ml salt
- 3 eggs
- 125 ml buttermilk or plain yoghurt
- 100 g butter, melted
- 1 x 115 g Rhodes Quality Granadilla Pulp Cup, seeds strained and reserved
- 500 ml (2 C) icing sugar
- reserved Rhodes Granadilla Pulp seeds
- juice of 1 lemon
- 30 – 60 ml (2 – 4 T) hot water
- To prepare the Bundt, sieve together the flour, sugar, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a large bowl.
- Whisk the eggs, buttermilk, butter and strained Rhodes Quality Granadilla Pulp together.
- Beat the egg mixture into the dry ingredients until the batter is smooth and well combined.
- Divide the batter between 12 mini Bundt moulds which have been well sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180C for 20 minutes or until the Bundt’s are well risen, golden and baked through.
- To make the icing glaze, sift the icing sugar into a large bowl.
- Add the lemon juice and the reserved granadilla seeds.
- Use a whisk to add enough hot water to the icing to make a smooth thick glaze.
- Pour the icing over the Bundt cakes and allow to set before serving.