Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Gnocchi in Creamed Pomodoro Style Sauce
Simple cooking, a quick and easy midweek dinner.
- 65 ml olive oil
- 4 stems fresh Italian flat leaf parsley
- 2 stems fresh rosemary
- 2 stems fresh basil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Tomatoes Italian Style
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 125 ml cream
- 1 x 500 g prepared potato gnocchi
To serve: grated parmesan cheese
- Place the olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the fresh parsley, rosemary and basil and simmer over medium heat for about 3 minutes or until the herbs become crisp and the oil fragrant.
- Remove the herbs and discard.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan, and fry gently until the onions soften but do not brown.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Tomatoes Italian Style and bring the sauce to the heat and simmer until slightly thickened.
- Stir in the cream, season to taste and remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil and add the gnocchi.
- Cook until the gnocchi float to the top of the
- Drain the gnocchi well and add to the Pomodoro
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Place the gnocchi under a preheated grill for 4 minutes or until the cheese browns and crisps.
- Serve immediately.