- 250 g (1 tub) plain cream cheese
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) sour cream
- 250 g (1 cup) grated cheddar cheese
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) garlic powder
- 130 g ( ± 8 whole) Rhodes Quality Sweet & Sour Whole Gherkins, chopped
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) flat leaf parsley, chopped
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 100 g (1 cup) pecan nuts, chopped
- To serve: crackers or bread
- Place the cream cheese and sour cream in a large bowl and mix until smooth.
- Stir in the sour cream, cheddar and garlic powder until evenly mixed.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Sweet & Sour Whole Gherkins and the parsley and stir to mix.
- Season to taste.
- Chill the mixture for 30 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture onto a sheet of plastic wrap and use the plastic wrap to shape the mixture into a ball.
- Roll the ball in the chopped nuts.
- Serve with crackers or fresh baguette.
serves 8 as an appetiser
Prep Time: 20 minutes Chilling Times: 30 minutes
Roll the mixture into individual small balls and serve as part of a cheese or picnic platter.