Tart gherkin and soft sweet caramelised onion dip for crackers or chips.
- 15 ml ( 1 Tbsp) butter
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 125 g (1 tub) cream cheese, softened
- 250 ml (1 cup) sour cream
- 125 ml (½ cup) Rhodes Quality Dill Gherkins
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) garlic powder
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Melt the butter in a small frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook, stirring until softened.
- Fry, stirring often, until the onions are golden brown and caramelized.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Place the cream cheese and sour cream in a large bowl and beat until smooth.
- Stir in the caramelized onions, Rhodes Quality Dill Gherkins and garlic powder.
- Season to taste.
- Chill until serving.
- Serve with crackers, chips or fresh bread.
Makes 1 small bowl
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cooking Times: 30 minutes