- 125 g butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 100 ml (60 g ) icing sugar
- pinch salt
- 250 g flour (480 ml) cake flour
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) cold water
- 4 eggs
- 250 ml (1 cup) castor sugar
- 180 ml butter, melted
- 160 ml Rhodes Quality 100% Fruit Medley Blend
- Place the butter and the egg yolks into a food processor and blend to pale.
- Add the icing sugar, salt and flour and process for a few seconds.
- Add the cold water and process until a pastry forms.
- Form the pastry into a ball. Flatten. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Roll out the pastry to size.
- Line a pie dish and press the pastry lightly into the pan.
- Prick the base with a fork and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bake the pastry case blind in an oven preheated to 190C for 15 minutes.
- Remove the baking beans or rice.
- in a blender, process together the eggs, castor sugar, butter and the Rhodes Quality 100% Fruit Medley Blend.
- Leave the filling to stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Pour the filling into the baked pastry case and bake in an oven preheated to 140C for 25 minutes or until the pudding is set.
- Sprinkle the tart with castor sugar and grill under a heated element for a few minutes until caramelised.
- Cool, slice and serve.