Revisit this always popular retro South African dessert. Our version is fruity and covered in chocolate.
- 250 g powdered coffee creamer
- 125 ml boiling water
- 1 x can sweetened condensed milk
- 125 ml lemon juice
- 200 g (1 packet) coconut biscuits
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Very Cherry, drained
- In a large bowl, mix the coffee creamer with the boiling water and beat until the mixture is smooth.
- Refrigerate until cold.
- Using an electric mixer, whip the chilled coffee creamer until it is light, thick and fluffy.
- Add the condensed milk and the lemon juice and beat until well blended.
- Refrigerate again for 30 minutes or until the mixture is just beginning to set.
- Arrange 12 biscuits on a large piece of tin foil in three even rows.
- Spread the chilled mixture over the cookies.
- Arrange the Rhodes Quality Very Cherry fruit down the center.
- Using the tinfoil, lift the long sides and bring them together to form the top of a triangle, folding the long edges of the foil together securely and shape into a smooth triangle.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set before serving.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the top of the tart and allow the chocolate to set before slicing the tart and serving.