Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Fish Burgers with Pineapple Slaw
Easy, homemade fish burgers made from SASSI-friendly South African hake. Seafood is a precious and threatened resource, so be environmentally smart and only buy fish and seafood that’s on the SASSI green list.
- 1 x 227 g can Rhodes Quality Pineapple Rings in Light Syrup, drained
- 250 ml (1 C) grated carrot
- 250 ml (1 C) thinly sliced green cabbage
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 125 ml mayonnaise
- salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 portions of hake
- 65 ml cake flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 250 ml ( 1 C) breadcrumbs
- sunflower oil for frying
- to assemble: 4 fresh bread rolls; butter for spreading; lemon wedges; 15 ml (1 T) sesame seeds, toasted
- Chop the Rhodes Quality Pineapple Rings into even sized small pieces.
- Place the carrot, cabbage and spring onions into a bowl and mix together.
- Add the chopped pineapple.
- Add the mayonnaise and stir until well mixed.
- Season to taste and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Dust the hake portions in the cake flour and shake off any excess.
- Dip the hake portions into the egg and then coat in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the hake on both sides until golden.
- Place the hake onto a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C until the fish is cooked through.
- To assemble: slice the bread rolls in half and smear with the butter.
- Place a cooked hake portion on the top of each bread roll and place a portion of coleslaw on the top of the fish.
- Serve the burgers with lemon wedges on the side and sprinkle the slaw with the sesame