Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Festive Cherry Trifle
Simple to prepare ahead of time; a festive-table showstopper jam-packed with Rhodes Quality favourites.
- 2 x 80 g cups Rhodes Quality Trotters Cherry Flavoured Jelly
- 1 medium Swiss roll, sliced
- 65 ml brandy, sherry or fruit juice
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp.) Hinds Vanilla Custard Powder
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp.) sugar
- 500 ml (2 cups) milk, divided
- 2 x 410 g cans Rhodes Quality Fruit Cocktail in Syrup, drained
- 375 ml whipped, sweetened cream
- Prepare one packet Rhodes Quality Trotters Cherry Flavoured Jelly as per the pack instructions.
- Pour the jelly into a flat square dish, such that the jelly is about 1 cm deep, and place in the fridge to set.
- Prepare the second packet of Rhodes Quality Trotters Cherry Flavoured Jelly as per the pack instructions and place in the fridge to set slightly, but not yet firm.
- Mix Hinds Vanilla Custard powder, sugar and 45 ml (3 Tbsp.) of the milk together.
- Bring the remaining milk to the boil in a saucepan.
- Pour the custard mix into boiling milk, stirring well until thickened.
- Cool the custard.
- Arrange the Swiss roll slices in a large bowl and drizzle with brandy, sherry or fruit juice.
- Cover with a thick layer of custard, followed by a layer of the slightly set jelly.
- Arrange the Rhodes Quality Fruit Cocktail on top of the jelly and refrigerate.
- When set, slice the firm jelly into cubes and use to decorate the top of the fruit.
- Serve with cream.