Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Recipe by Zola Nene
Zola Nene’s quirky spin on the classic Eggs benedict; instead of making a traditional hollandaise sauce, she makes a delicious Rhodes Quality Baked Bean sauce instead.
For the sauce:
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 250g streaky bacon
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 Tbs smoked paprika
- 1 tin Rhodes Quality Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce
For the poached eggs:
- 4 Tbs White wine vinegar
- 1L Water
- 8 fresh free-range eggs
- 4 English muffins
- Handful wild rocket
- Salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large pan, then add the bacon and fry until golden on each side.
- Remove bacon from the pan, and then set aside to drain on kitchen paper.
- To the same pan, add the sliced onion and cook until soft and beginning to turn golden.
- Add the paprika, and then stir to coat the onions in the spice.
- Add the baked beans to the pan, then add ½ cup water to the tin and use to swirl the sauce out of the tin before adding to the pot.
- Stir well, and then simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Boil together the water and vinegar, then turn down to a gentle simmer.
- Crack the eggs, one at a time, into the simmering water, then leave to poach until done to your liking, I prefer my yolks runny, so only poach my eggs for about 4 minutes.
- Cut the muffins in half, then toast until golden. Place onto a plate, cut side up, then top with rocket.
- Top with a generous helping of baked bean sauce, then top with a poached egg.
- Season the egg with salt and pepper and enjoy!