Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Easy Vegetable Soup
Nutritious and filling, this soup is a meal all on its own.
- 30 ml (2 T) sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped into small dice
- 2 carrots, chopped into small dice
- 2 celery sticks, chopped into small dice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped into small dice
- 750 ml (3 C) prepared chicken stock
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Chopped & Peeled Tomatoes with Mixed Herbs
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Three Bean Mix
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Green Beans Cross Cut, drained
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the onions, carrots, celery and garlic.
- Cook, stirring often over a high heat until veggies start to soften without browning.
- Add the potatoes and cook for a few minutes more.
- Add the prepared chicken stock and the Rhodes Quality Chopped & Peeled Tomatoes and bring to the boil.
- Turn the heat down and simmer until the vegetables and potatoes are tender.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Three Bean Mix and the Rhodes Quality Green Beans Cross Cut and heat through.
- Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve hot.