Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Easy Tomato Soup
This soup is wonderfully smooth and full of flavour. Make a double batch and freeze the extra for later.
- 15 ml (1 T) butter
- 15 ml (1 T) olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 15 ml (1 T) parsley, chopped
- 4 x 400 g cans Rhodes Quality Tomatoes Chopped and Peeled
- 1 litre (4 C) prepared chicken stock
- 125 ml cream (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Heat the butter and oil, add the onion, carrots and celery and fry until soft.
- Stir in the garlic, parsley, Rhodes Quality Tomatoes Chopped and Peeled and stock and bring to the boil then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree the soup, stir in the cream (if using) and season to taste.
- Serve piping hot with warm, crusty bread.