Quick and simple mildly curried prawn breyani perfect for the family and those cold winter nights.
- 375 ml basmati rice
- 1.5 lt. (6 C) water
- 500 g prawn tails, shelled and deveined
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Tomato Indian Style
- 1 x 400 ml can coconut milk
- 65 ml chopped coriander leaves,
- Rinse the basmati rice in cold water to remove the starch.
- Place the rinsed rice in in a medium saucepan and cover with the 1.5 lt. (6 C) water and some salt.
- Bring the rice to the boil and cook for 10 minutes until just about tender and drain.
- In a large saucepan bring the Rhodes Quality Tomato Indian Style and the coconut milk to the boil.
- Add the prawns to the sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the drained rice to the curry sauce and stir gently to mix.
- Simmer over a low heat for a further ten minutes or until the rice and prawns are cooked through.
- Stir in the coriander and serve.