Baking your own delicious bread is easier than you think. Healthy and delicious, this bread is great for sandwiches and breakfast toast.
- 500 ml (2 C) nutty wheat flour
- 500 ml (2 C) cake flour
- 5 ml (1 t) salt
- 15 ml (1 T) brown sugar
- 1 x 10 g packet dried yeast
- 15 ml (1 T) sunflower oil
- 500 ml (2 C) lukewarm water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 15 ml (1 T) mixed seeds
- butter for spreading
- Rhodes Quality Mixed Fruit Jam
- In a large bowl, mix the nutty wheat, cake flour, salt, sugar and yeast together.
- Make a well in the center and add the oil.
- Add enough of the warm water to form a soft dough.
- Spoon the dough into a loaf pan lined with baking paper and greased.
- Leave to rise in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size.
- Brush the top of the loaf very lightly with the egg and sprinkle with the seeds.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 1 hour or until a skewer, when inserted in the centre of the loaf, comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Serve with butter and Rhodes Quality Youngberry Fruit Spread.