Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Easy Homemade Bread
Baking your own delicious bread is easier than you think. Healthy and delicious, this bread is great for sandwiches and breakfast toast.
- 500 ml (2 C) nutty wheat flour
- 500 ml (2 C) cake flour
- 5 ml (1 t) salt
- 15 ml (1 T) brown sugar
- 1 x 10 g packet dried yeast
- 15 ml (1 T) sunflower oil
- 500 ml (2 C) lukewarm water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 15 ml (1 T) mixed seeds
- butter for spreading
- Rhodes Quality Mixed Fruit Jam
- In a large bowl, mix the nutty wheat, cake flour, salt, sugar and yeast together.
- Make a well in the center and add the oil.
- Add enough of the warm water to form a soft dough.
- Spoon the dough into a loaf pan lined with baking paper and greased.
- Leave to rise in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size.
- Brush the top of the loaf very lightly with the egg and sprinkle with the seeds.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 1 hour or until a skewer, when inserted in the centre of the loaf, comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Serve with butter and Rhodes Quality Youngberry Fruit Spread.