Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Curried Chicken Jaffles
These delicious homemade chicken toasties make for a wonderfully spicy lunch. Take this recipe camping for a quick and easy dinner over the coals.
- 30 ml (2 T) oil
- 4 chicken breast fillets, cut into even sized cubes
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Mixed Vegetables in Curry Sauce
- handful coriander leaves, chopped
- butter for spreading, softened
- 12 slices white bread
- 250 ml (1 C) cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, and brown the chicken.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Mixed Vegetables and simmer until the chicken has cooked through, remove from the heat and stir in the coriander.
- Butter one side of each of the 6 bread slices.
- Place the bread, buttered side down, on a board and divide the chicken filling evenly between the 6 slices.
- Top with cheese and place the remaining slices of bread over the filling. Spread the outside of each slice with butter.
- Place the sandwiches one at a time inside a heated jaffle iron (or use a sandwich maker) and slowly toast over a low flame or medium heat until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.