We gave this crisp and fresh classic cucumber salad a light honey dressing. This simple to make salad is a great side dish or braai accompaniment.
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 small red onion
- 45 ml (3 T) fresh dill, chopped
- Slice the cucumber in half lengthways and then thinly slice.
- Place the cucumber into a large salad bowl.
- Thinly slice the red onion and add to the cucumber.
- Add the dill.
- Toss the ingredients to mix and set aside.
- To make the dressing, whisk the honey, vinegar and water together.
- Season to taste with the salt and the black pepper.
- Pour over the cucumbers.
- Chill until serving.