Easy to prepare muffins for a lunch box treat. We know that muffins are kind of like cake, but they’re the kind of cake you can eat for breakfast and pack in your lunchbox.
- 50 g butter
- 30 ml honey
- 250 ml (1 C) muesli
- Rhodes Quality Pear Halves
- In a small saucepan melt together the butter and honey.
- Add the muesli and stir well to mix.
- Set aside.
- Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the ground ginger and the caster sugar.
- Add the chopped Rhodes Quality Pear Halves, and mix lightly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the melted butter, buttermilk and eggs together.
- Stir the egg mixture into the pear mixture until just combined.
- Do not overmix.
- Spoon the mixture into the holes of a muffin pan that has been lined with paper muffin cups.
- Sprinkle the muesli topping over the tops of the muffins.
- Bake the muffins in an oven that has been preheated to 180°C for 20 minutes or until the muffins are well risen and golden.
- Transfer the muffins from the tray to a wire rack and leave to cool.