A quick and easy starter or light meal, you can choose any cheese you like goats, blue or mature cheddar. This tart is reminiscent of a thin base pizza and the sweetness of the Rhodes Fig Jam will complement the flavour of any strong cheese. Best served hot straight from the oven.
- 1 x 400 g roll puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 250 ml (1 C) Rhodes Quality Ripe Fig Jam
- 125 g goats milk, blue cheese or mature cheddar cheese, grated or crumbled
- 125 g mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 handfuls rocket, washed
- 30 ml (2 T) olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut into a circle slightly bigger than a tart pan. Grease the pan then line with the pastry, allow the edges to go up the sides a bit.
- Brush the pastry with the egg and spread a thin layer of Rhodes Quality Ripe Fig Jam over the bottom of the pastry.
- Sprinkle the goats, blue or cheddar cheese over the pastry and cover with mozzarella slices.
- Fold the pastry edges into the centre of the pan and brush the top of the pastry edges with the egg.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 C for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and slide onto a serving platter.
- Toss the rocket with olive oil and season to taste.
- Place on top of the tart and serve immediately.