Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Creamy Tomato & Spinach Penne Pasta
This vegetarian creamy tomato and spinach pasta dish is fast and simple to prepare, great as a weeknight dinner.
- 250 g penne pasta
- 30 ml (2 T) olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Tomato Italian Style
- 30 ml (2 T) Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 65 ml plain yoghurt
- 100 g fresh baby spinach leaves, washed
- 65 ml grated parmesan cheese,Bring a large saucepan of water, with salt added, to the boil.
- Add the penne pasta and cook over high heat until tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil and add the onion.
- Fry over medium heat until the onion is tender and then add the garlic and fry for a few minutes more.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Tomato Italian Style and the Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste and stir well.
- Bring the sauce to the boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Stir in the yoghurt.
- Season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the penne pasta and heat through.
- Add the spinach and stir for a few minutes until wilted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in half of the parmesan cheese.
- To serve, sprinkle with the remaining parmesan.