Comforting winter soup prepared in less than 30 minutes. This Creamy Corn Soup is paired with thick cut cheese toasties for a filling but simple to prepare winter meal.
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) butter
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Sweetcorn
- 1lt. (4 cups) prepared chicken stock
- 10 ml (2 tsp) chopped fresh parsley
- 65 ml (¼ cup) cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the butter and oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery and potatoes and fry for a few minutes until fragrant and softening.
- Add the garlic and fry for a few minutes more.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Whole Kernel Corn and the Rhodes Quality Sweetcorn and mix well.
- Stir in the chicken stock.
- Bring the soup to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer over a gentle heat for 20 minutes.
- Puree the soup.
- Stir in the cream.
- Season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Serve hot with warm cheese toasties.