Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Creamy Corn Soup
Comforting winter soup prepared in less than 30 minutes. This Creamy Corn Soup is paired with thick cut cheese toasties for a filling but simple to prepare winter meal.
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) butter
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Sweetcorn
- 1lt. (4 cups) prepared chicken stock
- 10 ml (2 tsp) chopped fresh parsley
- 65 ml (¼ cup) cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the butter and oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery and potatoes and fry for a few minutes until fragrant and softening.
- Add the garlic and fry for a few minutes more.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Whole Kernel Corn and the Rhodes Quality Sweetcorn and mix well.
- Stir in the chicken stock.
- Bring the soup to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer over a gentle heat for 20 minutes.
- Puree the soup.
- Stir in the cream.
- Season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Serve hot with warm cheese toasties.