- 500 g (3-4 large) large baby marrow
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 65 ml (¼ cup) grated parmesan cheese
- ½ small onion, grated
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) cayenne pepper
- 45 ml ( 3 Tbsp) flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 80 ml ( ⅓ cup) buttermilk
- 250 ml (1 cup) self raising flour
- sunflower oil for frying
for serving: sour cream
- Grate the baby marrow onto a clean tea towel.
- Use the tea towel to wrap the baby marrow into a ball and firmly squeeze out as much of the water as possible.
- Place the baby marrow into a large bowl.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Whole Kernel Corn, cheese, onion, garlic, seasoning and parsley.
- Add the beaten eggs, buttermilk and the flour and stir well to combine.
If the mixture is too wet, add more flour.
- Heat the oil in a non stick frying pan.
- Use a 65 ml measuring cup to scoop 2-3 blobs of batter onto the pan and shape quickly into rounds.
- Cook until the fritters have bubbles on the top, then flip them over and cook for an additional minute.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve hot with sour cream.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cooking Times: 20 minutes