Simple recipe, prepared minutes. Serve as an appetiser for outdoor dining or as a light main meal.
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 5 ml (1 tsp) smoked paprika
- 10 ml (1 tsp) flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 avocado, peeled, pip removed
- 65 ml (¼ cup plain yoghurt
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) lemon juice
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) cayenne pepper
- 1 x 100 g bag nachos chips
- 250 ml (1 cup) cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Tomato and Onion Mix
- 125 ml (½ cup) sour cream
- to serve: lemon wedges, coriander or watercress
- Place the Rhodes Quality Whole Kernel Corn into a bowl and season to taste with paprika, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Mash the avocado until smooth and add the plain yoghurt.
- Season to taste with the lemon juice, salt and cayenne pepper and set aside.
- Spread half the nachos onto an oven proof serving dish.
- Scatter with half the prepared corn and and half the cheese.
- Add spoonfuls of the Rhodes Quality Tomato and Onion Mix before repeating the layers with the remaining nachos chips, corn and cheese.
- Bake the nachos in an oven that has been preheated to 180°C for ten minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.
- Top nachos with the avocado and sour cream.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges and sprinkled with coriander or watercress.