Made with these products Rhodes Quality Products
Coconut & Peach Cake
A dense tea bake; sweet but with a tropical flavour.
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Peach Halves in Syrup
- 250 g (1 C) butter, softened
- 375 ml caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 375 g self-raising flour
- 500 ml (2 C) desiccated coconut
- Puree the Rhodes Quality Peach Halves together with the syrup and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and caster sugar together until pale and creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- Sift the flour.
- Measure out 190 ml of the peach puree.
- Add the flour to the egg mixture alternating with the peach puree.
- Fold in the coconut.
- Spoon the batter into a cake pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray and lined bottom and sides with baking paper.
- Smooth the top.
- Bake the cake in an oven preheated to 170C for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- To make the peach icing, beat the butter until pale and creamy.
- Sift the icing sugar and beat into the butter until smooth.
- Beat in the reserved peach puree.
- Use the milk to adjust the consistency of the icing if required.
- Ice the cooled cake on the sides and the top with the peach icing.
- To decorate, sprinkle the toasted coconut over the icing.