Layers of mince, carrots, celery, tomato mix and a cheesy topping make sure that this classic pasta recipe stays a firm favourite.
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 45 ml (3 T) olive oil
- 1 kg beef mince
- salt and black pepper
- 2 x 400 g cans Rhodes Quality Tomato & Onion Mix
- 1 cup of Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste
- 30 ml (2 T) parsley, chopped
- 250 ml (1 C) red wine
- 750 ml (3 C) white sauce
- 10 lasagne sheets
- 500 ml (2 C) grated cheddar cheese
- Fry the onions, garlic, carrots and celery in the oil until soft.
- Add the mince, season and fry until brown.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Tomato & Onion Mix, Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste, parsley and red wine and simmer for 15 minutes.
- To assemble, start with a layer of white sauce in a casserole, then top with lasagne sheets then mince sauce.
- Continue to alternate layers until all the ingredients are used.
- Finish by sprinkling the cheese on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 40 minutes.
- When cooked through, remove from the oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes before serving with a fresh salad.