Deliciously easy to make, these chocolate cupcakes look great and taste even better. Go on, give your family a surprise teatime treat.
- 45 ml (3 T) cocoa powder
- 100 g butter, softened
- 5 ml (1 t) vanilla essence
- 115 g white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 160 g self-raising cake flour
- 65 ml (¼ C) milk
- 45 ml (3 T) Rhodes Quality Strawberry Jam
- Place the butter, vanilla essence, sugar, eggs, flour and milk in the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Beat for 4 minutes or until the mixture is well blended, smooth and light.
- Divide the batter between 10 paper lined muffin holders.
- Bake the cupcakes at 180C for 20 minutes or until well risen and baked through.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Cool completely.
- Cream the butter until pale and light.
- Beat in the icing sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the pink food colouring.
- Add 45 ml (3 T) Rhodes Quality Strawberry Jam and beat well.
- Add extra Rhodes Quality Strawberry Jam as desired to taste.
- When the cupcakes are cool, ice with the strawberry icing and decorate.